Re: [orca-list] Auto Install did not complete successfully.

Hello,

Dňa 28. 8. 2018 o 3:33 Peter Tesar napísal(a):

I’m in a shell. On reexamining the auto TalkingArch login screen reveals some error concerns. The install did not complete successfully.

Prior to the prompt [rootfs] #

I get these messages:

  Probably corrupted file system on /dev/sda3

  You are now being dropped into an emergency shell.

  Sh: can’t access TTY: job control turned off

Well, if the volume is in deed corrupted you can try fixing it by running

fsck -f -y /dev/sda3

but...

The curious thing is that at the beginning of the install process, I answered no to encription. At the end I was told that there would be encription and I was asked for a pass phrase. I don't know if this contributed to the problem.

Perhaps I have a damaged drive.

Perhaps I should retry the auto install.

I know nothing about disk encryption but if the volume is encrypted accessing it without entering your passphrase might cause the system to try accessing it with no decryption in place thus it may look as if it was damaged.

Perhaps it would be nice to talk to Daniel Nash directly regarding this.

Greetings

Peter