Re: [orca-list] Auto Install did not complete successfully.

    Hello List,

Booting to the hard drive (with a live DVD inserted) does not start speech.

I’m in a shell. On reexamining the auto TalkingArch login screen reveals some error concerns. The install did not complete successfully.

Prior to the prompt [rootfs] #

I get these messages:

  Probably corrupted file system on /dev/sda3

  You are now being dropped into an emergency shell.

  Sh: can’t access TTY: job control turned off

The system control command does not work:

  Sh: systemctl: not found

The curious thing is that at the beginning of the install process, I answered no to encription. At the end I was told that there would be encription and I was asked for a pass phrase. I don't know if this contributed to the problem.

Perhaps I have a damaged drive.

Perhaps I should retry the auto install.

Peter T.