Re: [orca-list] AtkText interfaces

Hello,

On 10/21/2017 05:37 AM, Peter Vágner wrote:
Hello,

I would suggest updating orca.
If that proves not to be sufficient then it would be nice to backport the change to the orca versions shipped in Debian 9 and Ubuntu 16.04. Others will hopefully pick from there.

I am in favor of this as well. In the meantime I can implement both the deprecated and the new interfaces. Once Orca is updated I can remove the deprecated ones.

This allows text accessibility in Eclipse SWT to be functional ASAP since it currently doesn't work at all.

Eric

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 21. 10. 2017 11:15 AM používateľ "Alejandro Piñeiro" <apinheiro igalia com <mailto:apinheiro igalia com>> napísal:

    On 21/10/17 11:06, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
     > On 10/21/2017 10:35 AM, Alejandro Piñeiro wrote:
     >
     >> Yes, the idea was that Orca would migrate to the new API.
    Probably it
     >> was a miscommunication during that GUADEC hackfest,
     > Looks like it. Or I am mis-remembering.
     >
     >> So, summarizing. If Orca moves to the new API, that should work on
     >> toolkits implementing the old API, thanks to the at-spi2
    plumbing. Not
     >> sure if Orca has plans to do that move soon though.
     > I can do it relatively soon. But as I indicated in my response to
    Mike,
     > my making that change in Orca will only provide users of the modified
     > Orca with access to the software Eric is working on.

    AFAIU, the only way to prevent that would be ask Eric to implement
    deprecated interfaces. From the two options, I think (I could be wrong),
    that it is better to implement the new interface, even if users need to
    use a newer Orca.

    BR
    GNOME Universal Access guide:
    <https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/a11y.html>