Re: [orca-list] AtkText interfaces

I would have to check, but I thought that AT-SPI2 was mapping the new
ATK API to the existing/old API. Is that not the case?

On 10/20/2017 11:22 AM, Eric Williams wrote:
Hello,

I am implementing AtkText interfaces for the GTK3 implementation of
Eclipse SWT.

Currently we use atk_text_get_text_[before/at/after]_offset(), which are
deprecated. However when I replace these interfaces with
atk_text_get_string_at_offset(), Orca fails to read text where it
previously did. In fact, Orca doesn't call/query
atk_text_get_string_at_offset() at all.

As a side note: I've noticed that the native GTK3 accessibility
implementation still uses the deprecated
atk_text_get_text_[before/at/after]_offset() interfaces.

Is this a bug or am I missing some detail?

Thanks,