Re: [orca-list] AtkText interfaces

Hello,

I would suggest updating orca.
If that proves not to be sufficient then it would be nice to backport the change to the orca versions shipped in Debian 9 and Ubuntu 16.04. Others will hopefully pick from there.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 21. 10. 2017 11:15 AM používateľ "Alejandro Piñeiro" <apinheiro igalia com> napísal:
On 21/10/17 11:06, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
> On 10/21/2017 10:35 AM, Alejandro Piñeiro wrote:
>
>> Yes, the idea was that Orca would migrate to the new API. Probably it
>> was a miscommunication during that GUADEC hackfest,
> Looks like it. Or I am mis-remembering.
>
>> So, summarizing. If Orca moves to the new API, that should work on
>> toolkits implementing the old API, thanks to the at-spi2 plumbing. Not
>> sure if Orca has plans to do that move soon though.
> I can do it relatively soon. But as I indicated in my response to Mike,
> my making that change in Orca will only provide users of the modified
> Orca with access to the software Eric is working on.

AFAIU, the only way to prevent that would be ask Eric to implement
deprecated interfaces. From the two options, I think (I could be wrong),
that it is better to implement the new interface, even if users need to
use a newer Orca.

BR