Re: [orca-list] AtkText interfaces

Hi,

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:

I would have to check, but I thought that AT-SPI2 was mapping the new
ATK API to the existing/old API. Is that not the case?

I just looked through the code in at-spi2-atk--if, say, orca calls GetStringAtOffset, then at-spi2-atk will fall back to calling atk_text_get_text_at_offset if the atk implementation doesn't implement get_string_at_offset, but we aren't mapping the other way around (calling atk_text_get_string_at_offset if AT-SPI is called with the deprecated function). Maybe we should be.

-Mike