Re: [orca-list] I'm back after forever.

Looking at the desktop, 17.04 is probably best, until 17.10 is released. Either 17.10, which will be released very soon, or 18.04, which will be the next LTS release, will have GNOME instead of Unity on the default distro. I rather prefer MATE though, and 17.04 should be just fine for that. I wouldn't go too far back though, as 16.04, though it's an LTS release, has older versions of the desktop and accessibility software.
Sent from a smooth round stone