Re: [orca-list] [Testers wanted before the official release] Slint64-4.2.1 release candidate is accessible.

Le 17/10/2017 à 23:28, David Hunt a écrit :
Moving kde to optional sounds like a fine idea!  Otherwise, how about making a software group selector page
in the installer, leaving kde deselected by default?

A software group selector exists in the Slackware installer but I didn't include one in Slint, as experience
shows me that it's more confusing than helpful for many users, or needs a dependencies handling at the
individual binary or library level that we can't handle in Slackware and derivatives, as we ship bundled
packages (often several binaries + libs + docs in the same package).

However, KDE packages are easy to isolate, so we can make that optional.

Didier