Re: [orca-list] Maximizing windows automatically. Is this possible?

Hello,

This is a question blind orca usually don't need to care for as orca does not require windows to run in a particular state as accessibility information is never communicated via display or video properties.
If you have got some sight then I do apologise. I have found out this ask ubuntu quenstion along with the accepted answer and more discussion: https://askubuntu.com/questions/27826/how-to-configure-my-system-so-that-all-windows-start-maximized
It's good to know that most of the windows are restored with its original window size. So you should be able to start an app, maximize its window and close the app. If you start the same app again it's start maximized. It's not working like this for all apps though.
People in that question linked above recommend installing and running an app called maximus . I haven't tried it as it's not going to be usefull to me.

Greetings

Peter

I have Ubuntu 17.04 with the Gnome desktop.

Basically, what I'm wanting to do is, I want it so that any time I launch an app, regardless what it is, be it GEdit, Gnome-Terminal, whatever, I want the app to automatically be maximized when I first launch it. This way I don't have to keep hitting alt+Space, then down arrowing to, and hitting enter on maximize. I want it to just simply do it for me each time.

Is there a configuration file or maybe a command, or a setting somewhere in Gnome, either of the 3, that would let us do this? If so, step by step directions would be appreciated.

Chris.