Re: [orca-list] Orca and Firefox 57

I'll take a look. Thanks!
--joanie

On 11/20/2017 06:07 AM, Peter Vágner wrote:
Hello,

Finally I have been prompted to keep running nightly version of Firefox
for my day to day browsing so hopefully in the future I might be able to
notice possible accessibility issues sooner than later.

Both Firefox 57 stable and Firefox 59 nightly are working fine for me
and what I'm describing in this post appear to work the same way in both
these versions although I can't prove it performance improvements on
Firefox are also noticeable when running Firefox 59 with orca.

The positive news is that infinity scrolling has been changed in a way
that I can just keep pressing arrow keys when navigating with orca
running and Firefox scrolls the parts I am navigating to into view.
I have first noticed this with a riot.im <http://riot.im> chat app as
its room timeline is designed to scroll infinitelly. I was able to
verify this at other pages e.g. Facebook. Note how Facebook issues
notification saying something loaded more events when you are navigating
by headings in the timeline.
Depending on your situation I would say this is such a dramatic change
that a lot of people would wish to update to Firefox 57!

However I have so far also noticed one negative change. When using
Firefox built-in find dialog to search for content orca used to present
the match highlighted in the content view when pressing the enter key
inside the find dialog. After upgrading to Firefox 57 this appears to be
very random and most of the times orca is not reporting the search
result as its being highlighted. When pressing esc key to dismiss the
find dialog the line with the last search hit is preselected so I fail
to understand what's going on wrong here. Joanie, please please can you
try looking at it if you can understand this better and possibly suggest
if there is a way to improve this?

Greetings

Peter