Re: [orca-list] Making Chromium work with Orca

Hello,

Le 14/11/2017 à 11:13, Eric Hameleers a écrit :
Didier,

I am not going to build a chromebox-enabled chromium - the instructions you refer to are not compatible
with my own build script. They are for developers only.

However, it is extremely simple to get chromevox if you have a recent enough Chromium (56 or newer).

Make sure you do not have chromium running.
As root, do:
# mkdir /usr/lib64/chromium/extensions
# cd /usr/lib64/chromium/extensions
# wget http://the-brannons.com/kgejglhpjiefppelpmljglcjbhoiplfn.json
The /usr/lib64/chromium is a correct path for my own 64bit chromium installation, adapt to your own
situation if needed.

Now back to your regular user account, start chromium. wait a bit and chromevox should be downloaded into
~/.config/chromium/Default/Extensions/kgejglhpjiefppelpmljglcjbhoiplfn and made available to you.

It worked, thanks a lot Eric!

I have a Chromevox icon that gives access to a web page about it and: "Options", "remove from Chromium",
"Mask in the Chromium menu" and "Manage extensions".

Although it doesn't speak (yet), just emit sounds associated with actions like a click.

Also they say in https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chromevox/kgejglhpjiefppelpmljglcjbhoiplfn
"Note: ChromeVox is still in development and currently doesn’t work in conjunction with desktop screen
readers. In order to best use ChromeVox on your computer, you will need to disable your desktop screen reader
when using ChromeVox."
which seems to preclude using it with also Orca enabled... I will have to investigate further to check but
for now to answer Krishnakant if that's true then yes, Orca needs to be switched off when it is used.

Slint64-14.2.1 users can get Eric's Chromium package un-commenting this line in /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc
#SOURCE=http://slackware.uk/people/alien/sbrepos/14.2/x86_64/:DEFAULT
then running:
slapt-get --add-keys
slapt-get -u