Re: [orca-list] Making Chromium work with Orca

I couldn't get chromevox working with chromium on slint testing when I tried it. If any more accessibility work is done for chromium and it gets to a point where people are thinking it is or may be accessible I think axerciser needs to be used with logs being saved and provided to whoeer is doing the accessibility work so failures get detected and maybe repaired. A long time ago some accessibility configuration for chromium was available and did work with chromevox but version increases took that away. I tried the older set of instructions on an older system and got it working and it was for my limited use no different than chromevox on chrome at the time.

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017, Krishnakant wrote:

Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 00:41:08
From: Krishnakant <kkmane riseup net>
To: Alex ARNAUD <alexarnaud hypra fr>, Rob <captinlogic gmail com>,
    orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Making Chromium work with Orca

On Sunday 12 November 2017 04:13 PM, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
 Le 12/11/2017 ? 11:29, Rob a ?crit?:
 Alex ARNAUD <alexarnaud hypra fr> wrote:
 Chromium is not compatible with Orca.

 I wonder if that will ever change. What does it need to be compatible?

 The Chromium team should implement the accessibility back-end for
 GNU/Linux. I'm not involved inside the Chromium community so I don't know
 if there are bugs reports about the accessibility implementation for
 GNU/Linux. I don't know the status of the implementation for now.
 When Chromium will be compatible if this is the case one day Orca
 developers should write a script for it.
I guess they are not implementing ATK wrappers for chromium.
By the way do we just install chromvox and chromium to get accessibility?
Is there some command to start chromium with chromvox?
Does it give a good experience navigating?
And lastly will Orca need to be switched off whine it is used?
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.