Re: [orca-list] speechd-el vs emacspeak.

Hello,

Le 13/11/2017 à 13:33, Peter Vágner a écrit :
Hello,

Oh I am sorry there are two drivers ssip and brltty. Braille won't work
there I think.

Well It's supposed to work, as I ship everything found in the source
archive in the package.

Easy way to check the files installed from the package:
less /var/log/packages/speechd-el*
Of course you can use more or most if you prefer.

Also, you will find documents found in the archive in
/usr/doc/speechd-el-2.8/ including speechd-el.html that seems to confirm
that.

So, my assumption is that braille should work, but I will check starting
brltty with a tt driver later today.

Greetings,

Didier
Greetings

Peter

Hello,

I think you can just move the line saying
(setq speechd-out-active-drivers '(ssip ))
at the top of these three lines and you won't get that warning again.
By default there are two drivers ssip and braille.
Another way on how you can tweak this and also other speechd-el settings
is via so called customize interface.
M-x customize-group <ret> speechd-el <ret>

Greetings

Peter

in my .emacs file first three lines are:
(autoload 'speechd-speak "speechd-speak" nil t)
 (speechd-speak)
 (setq speechd-out-active-drivers '(ssip ))
When speechd-el starts up I'm told to customize it to remove drivers that
are not needed.
I need to know what drivers are used and also need to know what to do to
remove unused drivers.  Finally, I do not want to break anything doing the
adjustments.