Re: [orca-list] Figuring out what is wrong when filling a web form

Hi Joanie,

Ah I noticed that indeed. And regarding this, precisely: it would make
more sense to me to be notified of this when the field *loses* focus rather
than when it gets it.

To notify you when it loses focus, we'll want those state-change events
I had mentioned.

Yup, understood.

For instance, when I go to a field where I am
supposed to enter my name, Orca tells me that the field is invalid
because I have not typed anything yet but I find that a bit useless. Or
is this an intend behaviour?

The intended behavior is to present the invalid status when it is found.
If the status is there before you have typed anything, then that is
either something the web author has done or something Gecko is exposing.
Orca doesn't know why it's there; just that it is.

I see. Perhaps it is good to let the user know that an empty entry is
not acceptable in a field, after all.

Could there perhaps even be a list of invalid field provided?

I'll see what I can do.

Thanks!

Shérab.