Re: [orca-list] Reading Firefox tab title

On 10/14/2016 11:14 AM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
As I stated in my original response:

<quote>
The event which was causing Orca to present the page tab was also
causing Orca to lose its place with respect to the content.
</quote>

Sorry, I didn't understand well.

In other words, I'm not saying there was not a change in Orca that is
resulting in the different experience; I am saying that more bugs were
fixed by not paying attention to the event in question. The event was
messing us up. And the hacks I tried to give us both the page tab and
not losing our place in the page proved to be unreliable/flakey/buggy.
Therefore I had to make a choice. I think that not losing one's place in
the page is more important than hearing the page tab. Especially when a
fix from the browser will make it possible to do the right thing everywhere.

I apologize if you think I made the wrong choice.

No! I don't think that. If I din't understand the problem, it's because I never had that kind experience. But, I have to check to confirm. We still use GTK2. Maybe losing focus is caused by GTK3.

Regards,

Raphaël