Re: [orca-list] The Jupiter console screen reader

Hello,

I know newfon a bit. Back in the days Aleks Sadovoy has implemented that as a NVDA driver with some cooperation with Sergey Shishmintzev. He has even included transliteration from ukrainian to russian in that that NVDA synth driver coded in python.

I think spd-say is more meant as a testing tool rather as an command line interface to synthesizers speech-dispatcher supports.

If you are using newfon via generic speech-dispatcher configuration, then the best we can do would be extending espeakup to talk to newfon instead of espeak if you would like to use newfon with speakup and jupiter.

Do we have access to the library version of newfon or do we currently only have an executable binary?

What do you think?

Greetings

Peter