Re: [orca-list] The Jupiter console screen reader

Hello,

As far as I can understand jupiter can only work with espeakup at present.

However adding support for other command line based synths might be doable if there is a way to keep them running all the time and feed the text to them via standard unix pipe.

I am running out of time these days but if you need help sooner or later I'm happy to try working on this with you.

Are you using newfon or what synth for russian and ukrainian?

Is there a way so I can test that synth here or is it a commercial one?

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 10.05.2016 o 12:58 Max napísal(a):
Hi, All.

Is it possible to adjust the "Jupiter" to work with any other synthesizer except "espeak"? I have a speech synthesizer that supports command line. I connect it to the "speech-dispatcher" through "sd_generic" module. I would like to use this synthesizer and the rest of the console screen reader; However, my impression is that I can use it only with "yasr".
If anyone has time, please clarify the situation.
I ask this also because, for some users, "espeak" is a very bad choice. For example, Ukrainian-users prefer to just do not work with this speech synthesizer because he has a very horrible accent, and the pronunciation is very eerie.