Re: [orca-list] The Jupiter console screen reader

Hi, Peter!

You write:

Back in the days Aleks Sadovoy has implemented that as a NVDA driver with some cooperation with Sergey
Shishmintzev. He has even included transliteration from ukrainian to russian in that that NVDA synth driver
coded in python.

Yes indeed there was such. Now "newfon" exists as a module for the "NVDA".
Once upon a time was the version "newfon" under "linux". But with the version under "linux" there was something wrong. I do not remember exactly what this version "newfon" had problems. It seems he was very dependent on "ubuntu". In any case, version "newfon" under "linux" had disappeared. Alexey Sadovoy, if I am not mistaken, is no longer interested in the development of any software under "linux". In "newfon", indeed, have the support of the Ukrainian language; However, it is very poorly implemented. If I am not mistaken, a module for "NVDA", comes with a library that can be used for their own purposes. I do not think it makes sense to do something for the "linux", based on this library.

I use a speech synthesizer "ru_tts", which is very similar to "newfon". The developer of this synthesizer igor poretsky. This speech synthesizer is available as an executable file or as a library, from which you can build your own synthesizer (or, for example, a module for "speech-dispatcher"). All of these components are freely available. I use "ru_tts", usually with constant speed and pitch parameters. So I would be quite enough support and command line :).