Re: [orca-list] Best distribution for Orca at the moment?

On 05/06/2016 02:03 PM, Darragh Ó Héiligh wrote:

I’ve just downloaded and run Ubuntu 16 but Orca isn’t speaking the desktop. I assume this is just a minor issue with the default configuration of Gnome on Ubuntu 16.

I have been using the console only for the past few years but need to get back to the GUI.

Am I better off sticking with Ubuntu? Or is there something better out there?  I have experience with both deb and RPM based distributions so I am reasonably flexable.

Dear Darragh Ó Héiligh,
Debian seems to be a good choice because if you install it with accessibility everything is configured. Lot of blind people use it and test it. You should choose Mate for it simplicity and efficiency.
I don't know why peoples use Ubuntu instead of Debian.

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD