Re: [orca-list] Best distribution for Orca at the moment?

The reason why Ubuntu is more convenient for many users at the very least is Debian's free-software policy.
The average users does not want to have to add repos for what I think it safe to say most people consider
pretty standard/basic.
This can also include hardware support, and to a novice user having to add a repo just to get their wifi
working is indeed a hassle, and for some a show
stopper.
As I stick to Ubuntu LTS releases these days it just  dependes where in the dev cycles each distro is as to
whether the overall software/version
availability is notably newer/posibly better, where, but in general Debian has older packages than most other
popular distros.
Of course I'm talking stable Deiban, and because of what I mention many blind, and other users choose the
unstalbe Sid branch.
There is cedrtainly no right or wrong answer as to what to run.
Your hardware specs, computing style, and which programs you depend on most all have an impact on which
distro to choose.
]Personally, I like Arch-Linux for getting cutting edge package versions, but it's not for a novice
computer/Linux user uless they have someone who will
help them if  they  get in to trouble.
I also like things about both Debian, (but I mostly only run stable), and the Ubuntu spins, usually running
latest Vinux here.
I'd vote for Debian based distros over the redhat flavor for home users, but I have little fedora experience,
and none with the other redhat family
members/just here theredhat users   I know complain much more than those using other distros.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Alex ARNAUD wrote: