[orca-list] Best distribution for Orca at the moment?

I’ve just downloaded and run Ubuntu 16 but Orca isn’t speaking the desktop. I assume this is just a minor issue with the default configuration of Gnome on Ubuntu 16.

I have been using the console only for the past few years but need to get back to the GUI.

Am I better off sticking with Ubuntu? Or is there something better out there?  I have experience with both deb and RPM based distributions so I am reasonably flexable.

Is Vinux still in development?

I played with Sonar a year ago or so but for some reason, it didn’t really appeal to me.

Suggestions very welcome.

Darragh