Re: [orca-list] Ot: does anyone have a certification from the Linux foundation?

Not going to cover enough in medicine or law, and is already done to a point in medicine anyway, but handled
badly with interns and those doing other
kinds of on the job practice are worked for such long shifts that their memory is not anywhere near its best.
Perhaps a bit more time spent doing on the job training would be the way to go however, but the academic side
is very important, especiallly wqith the
current rate of advance in so many branches of medicine.

Experience is important and valuable, but a doc trained in 1060 is not going to be up to date in most cases
in  many important areas.
Some doctors will of course make the time to continue their study, in some cases formally, but generally on
their own reading, attending conferences and
the like.
In law also there are things that are done in school that would not be easy to organize in an apprentice
system.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Al Sten-Clanton wrote:
Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 12:13:39PM -0500

Since we're way off Orca here, I'll suggest that requiring medical or law or
any other school to enter a calling may be the wrong approach entirely,
especially given the costs.  Ful-fledged apprenticeship might be a lot
better.  I figure it's unlikely to happen, though, since employers, somewhat
understandably, would rather you learn at your own expense than theirs.

I'll probably leave my thoughts at that.

Al