Re: [orca-list] Ot: does anyone have a certification from the Linux foundation?

Hi.

Wanted to chime in. The posts on the mailing lists I have frequented over the years from people who do sys admin work also say they use ssh a lot with clients like Putty on Windows. I'm sure there are similar gui products with Orca on Linux that you can use to connect a laptop to a remote server. There's always just plain old ssh itself running Speakup locally through something like a Gnu-Screen session too. I understand there are blind people who also used Emacspeak to do server sysadmin work. I bring up remoting because so many servers have sound disabled and I also understand that they may view Speakup as a security vulnerability somehow. (Not sure about how that can be but, there you go.) So, it's important to get to know tools that let you access a server remotely. To Conclude, it is entirely feasible for you as a blind person to do this kind of job. Others have done so before you and, if they could, you can. Nuff said. Good luck and all the best!

Alex M