Re: [orca-list] Ot: does anyone have a certification from the Linux foundation?

No I do not have any Linux certs, but I will say that there is no reason you cn not do a good job managing
Linux servers using speakup mostly, but
sometimes Orca as well.
All of the standard tools and utils I can think of work with speakup, but some that stream realtime data are
of course harder to use as data is
constantly being updated.
When one must work with a tool like that you usually need to either slow down refresh rates quite a bit, or
take snapshots of the system and use those.
Often something can be piped to a filtering application, awk, sed, grep, etc to help by removing data one
does not wish to her. Also speakup lets you
block out parts of the screen in its read window mode so you can get rid of some distrctions.
Of course to get a job and do it well you will need to be better than your sighted counterparts, but is this
not usually the cse for anything we do?
We will be slower having to listen to things than a sighted person will be reading it, so beiing better, i.e.
cutting to the heart of a problem, knowing
what to expect, etc. is of great importance when and where it is possible.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  austinAustin quesada wrote:
Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 12:27:38PM -0800

Hi. I figured i would ask this here, as i trust this community to give
me some honest answers. So, recently, i have been looking in to being
certifyed from the Linux foundation, for employment purposes. From
what i gather, there is quite a demand for Linux systems admins, and
the pay is quite good here in the US. I'm wondering though if this
type of job would be practical using speakup and or orca to manage a
stable server environment, assuming of course that i actually land the
job? Any thoughts on the matter would be much appreciated. Also feel
free to share experiences and the like. Thanks.