Re: [orca-list] Where am I conflict betwwen detailled or not

Hi Alex.

On 02/24/2016 10:02 AM, Alex ARNAUD wrote:

Maybe I fail but as I know the detailed information should be longer
than the short, isn't it ? In my test case the short "where am I" is
longer than the "detailed".

I just changed Orca to fall back on the basic where Am I information for
cases where there is no detailed where Am I information. Again, there is
no detailed Where Am I information for menus.

This change will not make detailed Where Am I longer than basic. But it
should ensure it's not shorter. Hopefully this will address your concern.

4) Do orca+enter (2 times), orca should be silent

Exactly. It is on purpose that Orca is silent. Because what Orca should
present is a statement about the number of links, headings, etc. Your
composed email has no links, no headings, no etc. And the desired
behavior when this happens to be the case is to say nothing.

That said, because Orca now has the option to present summary
information upon load, I have just made a change to Orca so that if we
are providing the page summary as part as a detailed Where Am I, present
all counts, even if they are zero: "Page has 0 landmarks, 0 headings, 0
forms, 0 tables, 0 visited links, 0 unvisited links." Hopefully this is
what you had in mind. Orca's non-where-am-i (i.e. for page load) summary
will remain unchanged.

--joanie