Re: [orca-list] yasr

To Max or who ever it was who wondered about alt synths,
you might be able to get them to work with out speech dispatcher.
Check to see if supported, but most seemed to be hard ware synths, or it was unclear to me if they were hared
and soft.
Festival flite and probably something else was supported, and I believe emacspeech services, so  you could
use voxin, ibmtts with that, but as the
instructgions which we know to work are for speech-dispatcher you should probably just configure the synth in
SD.
The command line option to specify a synth is -s I think, so if you use festival for instance this might be
worth trying.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886