Re: [orca-list] possible Bug where orca changes Keyboard layout?

hi
Let me see if I have this right. When you change the speech voice in
orca's voice tab the keyboard layout changes? I've literally never seen
this. The only way this should happen as far as I know, is if you
changed the actual language orca uses to speak. That is, instead of
using orca's english translation, you use it's german translation to
read it's preferences and so on, which might tell the system that your
language has changed. I'll have to look into this, but I don't think
that's how it's supposed to work. Bh uses espeak's spanish voice to read
spanish articles and I don't think he experiences this, but I don't know
if he uses orca to do it or speakup. If this does happen, then you're
absolutely right, it's a bug that needs to get fixed. Or at the very
least, there needs to be a warning dialog explainig that you're changing
the system language and you'll need to restart, etc etc.
Thanks
Kendell clark