Re: [orca-list] does gnome have two sound volumes?

Yes, and then it is possible to set things up to use volumes higher than 100%, at least on some sound cards,
so you can get numbers higher than that
65000 level. The indicator will still have 0-10 though, can't remember if in these cases the indicator uses
percentage of the new above 100%, (yeah,
makes no logical sense), volumes or not, think so though, but as the speakers on the hardware I have now
can't handle the volume the system can generate
I've not messed wiht  the higher than 100% volumes lately.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Kyle wrote:
Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 11:43:09AM -0400

The volume in the menu and the output volume in sound settings appear
to set the same volume, but the menu control is less fine-grained. The
bottom number in the menu is 0.0, and the top number is 1.0. My volume
is currently set at 0.3 (28%), indicating that the percentage is fairly
close to the number between 0.0 and 1.0, and each setting takes it
up/down nearly 10%. The output volume control in sound settings works a
bit differently, as it's far more fine-grained, with numbers between 0
and 65536, which are generally hardware levels.My guess is because
these numbers map differently, you will notice differences in the
percentages, which are actually representations of the position of the
slider indicator between the ends of the bar, rather than sound volume
percentages. Hope this helps.
Sent from my volume knob