Re: [orca-list] why Sonar Mate Alpha have supported system administration apps and latest Sonar Mate no

hi
I've got this one
Sonar mate alpha had support for admin tools because mate used to have a
package called mate-system-tools, which had things like users, login,
time and date, that kind of thing. But in mate 1.8 those tools stopped
working and for some reason I don't understand they were taken out of
arch's repositories. If a package isn't in arch's repos I can't add it
to sonar. I've been talking to the mate developers and they say they're
going to bring them back, but integrated into the control center like
gnome does. I've also looked around for an alternative set of tools but
haven't found any, which is a serious limitation of mate as compared to
gnome. I'd normally just pull in a part of a different desktop, because
usually different parts of desktops operate fine together, but in this
case if I did that, I'd need to pull in gnome-control-center, which
would pull in most of gnome with it, making the mate image a lot larger.
I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, I'm just not sure what to do. If
you really need these tools, The only thing I can recommend is trying
gnome. It's a poor choice I know, but I don't know of anything else.
Thanks
Kendell clark