Re: [orca-list] Idea for Orca speech settings and speech-dispatcher

hi
This got me thinking. Is this what orca does now when you make changes
to voice parameters? It's basically telling speech-dispatcher, ok, use
the espeak synthesizer, at rate 80%, at pitch 50, etc? I'm not seeing an
internal speech-dispatcher.conf file stored anywhere, so it must be
sending either commands or API calls to speech-dispatcher itself. So all
we'd need would be for orca to generate a speech-dispatcher.conf and
place it in the correct location, and anything that uses
speech-dispatcher would use orca's settings. Of course this might need
some pam or policykit logic so that orca can write to /etc, which I
don't think it normally can
Thanks
Kendell clark