Re: [orca-list] Accessibility of Open/Libre Office VS MS Office (was Government payed assistive technologies)

hi
Regarding daisy playback, there's an open bug against gnome documents to
provide support for this format. There are also two more bugs, one
against tracker, the search engine that gnome uses, and shared mime
info, to provide support for the daisy mime type, so all applications
would need to do to support daisy would be to indicate that they support
that format. This has little to do with orca so I'll start there, but
just letting everyone know that I for one haven't given up on this
format being usable in linux. Windows certainly should not be the only
OS with readers for this format, although I hear mac is supposed to have
apps for this format. Again, nothing to do with orca so I'm not trying
to start a debate.
Thanks
Kendell clark