Re: [orca-list] Orca on Debian Jessie

Thanks for the package purge and install lists.
For the record I only tried aptitude to see results after apt-get as aptitude used to offer various
installation scenarios if you did not care for the
first offering. I'll have to see if default aptitude behavior has changed, or if this case with orca is just
an exception to typical behavior.
Have you had trouble running orca fromn git-master on Debian?
Regards,

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 09:19:49AM +0200

Hi,

Orca on Debian works fine with alsa, without pulseaudio. Try using apt-get
instead of aptitude and, especially, once orca is installed, remove
pulseaudio through this command (all packages are not present, but this
command is safe):
apt-get remove --purge libcanberra-pulse pulseaudio pulseaudio-esound-compat
pulseaudio-module-bluetooth pulseaudio-module-gconf pulseaudio-module-ude
pulseaudio-module-x11 gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio pulseaudio-utils pavucontrol
apt-get install gnome-alsamixer alsa-oss python-alsaaudio

No idea about fluxbox.

For latest accessibility stack, is is not recommended to try updating so
much the Debian distro. However, you can do "pinning" with orca (here I've
3.16). Pinning works fine provided that there are not so much dependencies.

I want to see if the orca functions that do not work, or at least not
completely work as expected for me onj arch will work on DEbian, e.g. global
prefferences from a keybinding. I've had to use orca -s with fluxbox on
arch, but app specific orca settings have always worked correctly with the
default orcakey control spacebar combo.

It works here orca+space, etc. It should work with fluxbox too, as it's not
desktop dependent.

Are any of you using speechd-up on debian, or is everyone using espeakup?

I think some people use speechd-up. Seems to work properly.

Regards,

Thanks iln advance for your replies.

--
Jean-Philippe MENGUAL