Re: [orca-list] Orca on Debian Jessie

Hi,

Orca on Debian works fine with alsa, without pulseaudio. Try using apt-get instead of aptitude and, especially, once orca is installed, remove pulseaudio through this command (all packages are not present, but this command is safe): apt-get remove --purge libcanberra-pulse pulseaudio pulseaudio-esound-compat pulseaudio-module-bluetooth pulseaudio-module-gconf pulseaudio-module-ude pulseaudio-module-x11 gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio pulseaudio-utils pavucontrol
apt-get install gnome-alsamixer alsa-oss python-alsaaudio

No idea about fluxbox.

For latest accessibility stack, is is not recommended to try updating so much the Debian distro. However, you can do "pinning" with orca (here I've 3.16). Pinning works fine provided that there are not so much dependencies.

I want to see if the orca functions that do not work, or at least not completely work as expected for me onj arch will work on DEbian, e.g. global prefferences from a keybinding. I've had to use orca -s with fluxbox on arch, but app specific orca settings have always worked correctly with the default orcakey control spacebar combo.

It works here orca+space, etc. It should work with fluxbox too, as it's not desktop dependent.

Are any of you using speechd-up on debian, or is everyone using espeakup?

I think some people use speechd-up. Seems to work properly.

Regards,

Thanks iln advance for your replies.

--
Jean-Philippe MENGUAL