[orca-list] Orca on Debian Jessie

I am slowly building up a Debian box from the 64bit net-install image, to see how close I can come to my
arch-linux box, i.e. a custom very light GUI
built around fluxbox.
I probably will want pulse audio eventually, but wanted to check out how well or poorly thigs worked with a
pure alsa system first, but when I go to
install gnome-orca package from standard repos it pulls in PA.
Aptitude did not offer alternative installations either.
So, is anyone running Debian 8 with out pulse audio?
Is there a Debian repo for cutting edge accessibility packages, or will I need to get everything from git to
run an up to date accessibility stack?
I think I asked this before, but Trev, or anyone else using fluxbox with orca on Debian, did you ever have
gnome installed before you put fluxbox on
your machine, or any other graphical desktop environment for that matter? I want to see if the orca functions
that do not work, or at least not
completely work as expected for me onj arch will work on DEbian, e.g. global prefferences from a keybinding.
I've had to use orca -s with fluxbox on arch, but app specific orca settings have always worked correctly
with the default orcakey control spacebar
combo.
Are any of you using speechd-up on debian, or is everyone using espeakup?
Thanks iln advance for your replies.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886