[orca-list] Evince and Orca Silence

Hey all,

I have noticed an interesting issue with Evince and large PDF files.

Mine is of over 1000 pages.

Sometimes, if I alt+tab to another window, say a writer document, or any other window to do a different task, and then alt+tab into evince, orca is silent. Pressing up, or down, or any arrow key while I am in caret mode to read the text yields me no speech.

In order to get it to work, I have to keep press the up arrow until speech finally comes back, and then find hte place I was left at, and continue reading.

Anyone else come across this issue?

Thanks,

Alfonzo cuellar