Re: [orca-list] Say All problem

I have occasionally seen something like this on webpages and with some large text files using gedit. A screen
full or text, or quite a lot anyway is
repeated. I've not seen this in a while, so do not remember details clearly enough to post them with
confidence, but will pay attention if this ever
happens to me againl.
I've not run stable orca release versions for more than a few days in  about a year and a half, so probably
what ever I did see would have been on
something from master.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 01:53:13AM +0200

Hi,

I believe I've already seen this thread, but not sure if it's exactly this
and where it is.

I experience a weird bug, randomly so hard to reproduce. In Writer, or in
Pluma or Gedit editor, when running SayAll command, it happens Orca speaks
nonsense. It sseaks the 1st line, then re-speaks it, goes to next one, comes
back on the line or on the previous, well... nonsense. It doesn't read one
line per line, but a line, then comes back, etc. Just as if Orca was
"blocked" or loop. It's when SayAll is in ~entence mode.

It happens with Orca 3.4 (I could experience today), here's the log:
http://sprunge.us/RjZi

I cannot reproduce it just now on 3.16, but I saw it 3 days ago. The same behavior.

An idea about what happens? The log helps? Is there some possible fix?

Is Orca sensitive if the font size is changed?

Regards,

--
Jean-Philippe MENGUAL

HYPRA, progressons ensemble