From: kendell clark [mailto:coffeekingms gmail com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 3:57 AM
To: Alex Midence; 'Peter Vágner'; 'Devin Prater'; 'orca-list'
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Emacs editor

hi
You can use the same synthesizers with emacspeak that you can with orca, with some exceptions. Actually, more
correctly that should probably be with different levels of functionality. The best of these is the ibm tts
speech server, where all sorts of neat things are possible. While espeak support does work, from tv ramen , I
hope I'm not mangling that too badly, himself, it's not actively maintained and a lot of the advanced stuff
just doesn't work. It needs someone to add it. I think chris brannon who used to maintain talking arch is
going to take it over and hopefully bring it up to par. I wonder if emacspeak works with braille displays? I
don't own one but that would definitely be nice. I never much got around emacs myself. I keep trying to use
gnome and mate commands to launch applications inside of it, forgetting to press meta-x and type in what I
want. I also couldn't get the bookshare addon to work. I kept getting a message that I needed a bookshare API
key, which was a mess I wasn't about to get into.
Thanks
Kendell clark