Re: [orca-list] Gnuspeech

How does that footprint compare with espeak and /or other synth voices?
I was first surprised how the accent did not sound like a native English speaker, but then even more
surprised that after a half a minute I actually
found the voice quite understandable and reasonably pleasant.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Tony Baechler wrote:
Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 01:46:30AM -0700

Yes, it was mentioned on the Orca list.  I've been playing with it and
created some demo mp3 files here:

http://classicradio.us/iso/

If that link doesn't work, try here instead:

http://classicradio.us/gnuspeech/

I plan to move the demos into their own directory and will add demos of the
other voices.  I'll also use a different piece of sample text.  For a large
body of text using the default male voice, listen to gnuspeech_gpl.mp3. It's
the full GPL and should give you a good idea of the overall speech quality
and inflection.  While I have certainly heard nicer sounding speech, two
things I really like about it are its very small footprint and it doesn't
mispronounce most English words, unlike most other synthesizers.