Re: [orca-list] Gnuspeech

Yes, it was mentioned on the Orca list. I've been playing with it and created some demo mp3 files here:

http://classicradio.us/iso/

If that link doesn't work, try here instead:

http://classicradio.us/gnuspeech/

I plan to move the demos into their own directory and will add demos of the other voices. I'll also use a different piece of sample text. For a large body of text using the default male voice, listen to gnuspeech_gpl.mp3. It's the full GPL and should give you a good idea of the overall speech quality and inflection. While I have certainly heard nicer sounding speech, two things I really like about it are its very small footprint and it doesn't mispronounce most English words, unlike most other synthesizers.