Re: [orca-list] Root applications?

I don't know if it will help in this case, but you should try editing your
/usr/share/applications/gparted.desktop file
in the exec line put gksu befor the current command string. Gksudo would be a last chance thing to try if
gksu dos not work, but I doubt whether  gksudo
would work in any case.
You could just try running gksu gparted from the run dialog first to see it it'll work for you.
I don't have mate 1.10 installed anywhere to test at the moment.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Tim wrote:
Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 02:05:00AM -0500

Hello, I saw on an article, a while back about the GTK3 version of mate and
better support for root applications with orca.  Is this release out, and
most of all, stable as of current? I read that there are some regressions
with pannel applets, and the desktop not being totally accessible. This was
back in 2014 from what the post stated, but wasn't sure if things have
improved.  Reason I ask is cause I love Gparted, its always served me well,
but I am unable to use it being as it runs as root and with mate 1.10.2
currently installed. Thanks much!