Re: [orca-list] Root applications?

So running gksudo gparted works! but only if I run it from the run dialog adding it to the gparted.desktop file didn't change anything.
Thanks for the info!

On 10/18/2015 06:16 PM, B. Henry wrote:
I don't know if it will help in this case, but you should try editing your
/usr/share/applications/gparted.desktop file
in the exec line put gksu befor the current command string. Gksudo would be a last chance thing to try if
gksu dos not work, but I doubt whether  gksudo
would work in any case.
You could just try running gksu gparted from the run dialog first to see it it'll work for you.
I don't have mate 1.10 installed anywhere to test at the moment.