Re: [orca-list] bug with this bbc site:

In their defense, I think they have no choice as they are a gov agency and British laws are quite
restirictive as their content is largely payed for by
television licensing fees.
I don't know if they have potential wiggle room, but suspect tehy might, but lawyers are destorying freedoms
as fast as they protect them, and this in a
global problem with some countries notably standing out by having laws that tend to promote media freedom
including online.
The BBC case is a pretty  unique one I thik though, and does have them in an interesting spot/don't want to
see them lose more funding, so until they
can come up with a more modern financing scheme, or better said a scheme that will continue and hopefully
augment their financing I'll keep working
around the edges and sneaking in to chinks in their armor as it were...lol

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  kendell clark wrote:
Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 07:33:48AM -0500

hi
media source extensions is basically drm built into html5. I was afraid
of this. The bbc is so fond of drm they don't want to make watching
their stuff easy without it.
Thanks
Kendell clark