Re: [orca-list] why Skype works in Ubuntu 15.04

I agree with most of what you say, but I think you miss understood part of what Storm is saying. He is saying that only about 1% of people who can't use his alternative or won't use it are worth talking to. I think I'll go on a post my on hold reply to this conversation although I don't think this is the place for getting on a soapbox as well because it highlights use cases that have not been brought up yet for not getting rid of and or boycotting skype. Skype is a pretty damned good program in many ways, and yes far from perfect in others. Part of the issue here is that skype has achieved critical mass, and it would take years for its importance to wane to the point where it is not a must have for a lot of computer users under just about any scenario. Of course in 10 years it's possible that the kids coming online will see skype as irrelevant, i.e. folks may think of skype like they think of myspace now, but I'd not bet on that. Skype is used by schools, businesses and private individuals in the hundreds of millions. It's not just for bored folks to raise their "skypeme" flag. Add the fact that Skype is integrated with other apps and services that are not going away any time soon, and one starts to get the big picture.

     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886