Re: [orca-list] new table verbosity in Thunderbird

According to Fernando Botelho:
# I think it is quite preferable to have a bunch of normal tabs with often
# used options, then one tab at the end with 30 parameters that people
# rarely use, but which will be very handy once in a blue moon.

I totally agree. Regarding the option to speak table layout information
though, this should definitely be in the speech tab, where the verbosity
options, speak child position, progress updates etc. already are. It
makes little sense for non-technical users to have to make an orca
customizations script just to turn off the table announcements. Putting
it in the speech tab, or even in a miscellaneous tab, would also allow
the setting to be turned on or off per application, meaning that while
I'm in LibreOffice Writer for example, I could have the table layout
information spoken all the time, but if I find that it gets in the way
in Thunderbird while I'm trying to compose an e-mail, I could just keep
the setting for speaking the table layout turned off.
Sent from my silly string
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/