Re: [orca-list] new table verbosity in Thunderbird

I like the idea of having a checkbox in speech settings for table verbosity, or radio buttons or similar if
there might be more than one verbosity level
for table info, say something like announce table that just says that there is a table so that people can
decide if they want full verbosity in that ap,
or to make a temp change to see the layout to go with full verbosity and complete surpression of table info.
As someone else said that way this could be controled on an application by application basis.
Having "brief" not speak table layout, and "verbos" give the rows and columns info is probably fine for most
users most of the time, and I do think we
should avoid an over cluttered prefferences interface, but I do not consider a table layout setting or two to
be cllutter. NVDA for one has table layout
verbosity control in its prefs does it not? I am not saying that we should mimic NVDA in all things by any
means, but in general I think they strike a
good balance between including enough customizations and avoiding clutter/confusion.
The idea of a misc tab in prefs at some time that could include some of the less frequently used and or more
fine grained controls is reasonable, but at
this time I do not see much if anything that reallly should go there.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:55:21AM -0400

Hi all.

I don't need a debug.out. I need feedback as to what tables should
include this information and what tables should not. Then I will adjust
accordingly.

Thanks!
--joanie