Re: [orca-list] Important: Web accessibility survey for screen reader users

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 02:53:20PM -0500, Alex Midence wrote:
Their devotion to Windows is due to a series of factors.  Here's my educated guess:

Also, many people get their first screen reader and possibly first
computer as a combo in school, where Windows is often default. This
is also why JAWS is still big, it was something an institution/company
who wanted to hire blind people would just buy as part of the deal.

I'm sure what you get started with is a big influence: eventually
you're most productive there, and you generally need some reason
to switch.

So an employee of a client of ours had to do just that, because his
company uses our software which includes a client written in GTK.
He's still most productive in Windows and I believe he's simply
using a VM to run a *buntu so he can access the client in Orca.

_mallory