Re: [orca-list] is this a possible bug?

Hi Kendell.

On 04/22/2015 09:32 PM, kendell clark wrote:

I use enigmail to encrypt and sign most of my
emails, and orca cannot see the dialog for entering the passphrase for
unlocking the key. It's simply silent.

I just tried this. The first time a dialog called pinentry-qt appeared.
It seems inaccessible. (Though I might need to set up something for Qt4
accessibility on this particular machine.)

Then I removed that module and installed pinetry-gtk. Having done so,
tabbing to the push buttons cause Orca to present the buttons, but not
the entry/password field. Then I examined that object. The entry has
role unknown and no name and no label. Orca doesn't present role
unknowns, but even if it did all Orca could say is "unknown" for that
object. I haven't had time to figure out where pinentry-gtk is
maintained, but if you could find that module I can take a look at its
code. It should be simple to add a proper role to their code. (I know,
famous last words....)

Thanks!
--joanie