[orca-list] gnome-temrinal, orca, issues

Hello,
Before all, I've tested the git version of Orca and I get the same results. So I'll
submit with the standard Orca version currently in gnome.
This seems to only happen on my machine.
Sometimes when I bring up gnome terminal typing ls at the home directory
Orca says nothing.
I have to type it a few times before Orca will say anything.
When I sometimes autotab a directory Orca does not say anything leaving me
having to look at the output on the current line with the Orca keys.
I'm not sure if anyone else can reproduce this since I can use Orca with
gnome-terminal on ot her machines and it doesn't do this.

steps
press alt-f2 and type gnome-orca, press enter to ;aunch the terminal
type "ls"
Orca should say the directories in your home folder. However, it happens
for me once out of 5 times maybe.
I could use another example, but most people here do not play the mud game
alteraeon and do not have the scripts installed for it to work.
Basically if I log in and I type "l" to look at the room I'm at orca does
not speak.
If I do the same on another computer orca speaks the location I'm in when I
type "l" once logged into the game with tintin++.
Note  the two other computers are intel based and have intel graphics.
Any suggestions?

dell 20 inch monitor desktop all-in-one
AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics x 4
6gigs of ram
archlinux 64bit
gnome 3.16.1, orca 3.16.1