Re: [orca-list] What's Wrong with Gnome-Terminal?

You might want to export DISPLAY=:0 before trying to run
gnome-terminal.  But do a bash command before doing so, otherwise
everything in your command window will want to use the display.  Do an
exit after you are tthrough with debugging and everything will be back
to normal.

Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> wrote:

I just captured a script file and ran gnome-terminal from the command
line in a native console; see results below.

Script started on Wed Apr 22 20:58:18 2015
steve linlap ~$ gnome-terminal
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
Failed to parse arguments: Cannot open display:
steve linlap ~$ exit
exit

Script done on Wed Apr 22 20:58:35 2015

Oh, and gnome-session is currently running while I did this in case
that matters.