[orca-list] What's Wrong with Gnome-Terminal?

I have all the latest packages related to gnome 3.16 installed on my
arch linux system and cannot get terminal to open. I tried
control-alt-t and I also typed gnome-terminal in the alt-f2 box and it
never opens. It basically just stays in the currently running
application such as my documents folder. I don't get any errors or
anything else; at least Orca doesn't indicate anything.

Any ideas on what could be going on here?